BLEEEEP! Blooohoooey!~Pics added!~

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by DoctorGoose, Oct 2, 2007.

1. DoctorGoose

DoctorGoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2007
    Woodinville,WA
    AAAH! I can't believe it! The post office called me at 9 am today to tell me that my chicks were in. I was in the shower. They called back around 10 to tell me they were sending them out with the carrier! :thun

1: These chickens weren't supposed to be HERE today, they were supposed to be MAILED today. [​IMG]

2: How the **** do you get chickens from New York to Washington in less than 24 hours???

3: I'm waiting here at the window, keys in hand, to chase down the postman when he goes driving by in the opposite direction. I'm planning on a James-bond style spin and screetch in front of him.

And on top of that, I handn't turned the heat lamp on! It's windy and cold and rainy here in WA, and my brooder was all set up...but.... [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2007
  2. JenniferJoIN

JenniferJoIN Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    Wow, the post office can really amaze you sometimes!

Reading this, I had a great mental picture of someone tearing out of the house like a madperson chasing the mail carrier down. [​IMG] I'm sure (s)he'll be ready to get rid of them as much as you want to get them!!

3. Rebel Chicken

Rebel Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2007
    southern Indiana
    Wow! Those were some speedy chicks!!! Let us know if they are all ok!

4. fdnick

fdnick Master Chicken Hoarder

Aug 22, 2007
    Spokane, Wa.
    Ours came from Ideal and it was the same, they shipped on Tuesday and got here Wednesday 7:15 am... (was not expecting them till thurs) HAHA.. we have good mail service here in Wa. state [​IMG]

5. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Haha, I wouldn't be surprised if they got sent a day early too!

6. DoctorGoose

Jul 27, 2007
    Woodinville,WA
    Hi all! I was just writing y'all another message to tell you that I had called up the post office lady and chewed her out well...and NO, I don't regret it in the least! She didn't get to work until 8:15!!! [​IMG]

Anyhow, the chicks did get here around 12:30 (right before I had to leave for work, of course!) *sighs* Since I didn't have a screen ready for their box, I brought them into the kitchen for the night, so they don't get eaten by rats...but you'd think that with FIVE cats we wouldn't have any!

So, anyhow, everyone's fine. I have the most beautiful cuckoo marans in the world! She is so sweet an cuddly. I'll post pictures tomorrow. In this order I got a marans, EE, RIR, RSL, and a BO. :-D The BO is already named Minerva. *sighs* I'm going to sleep now that my babies are well-fed and safe. [​IMG]

7. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Awwww, sounds like a great mix! Im so glad they made it there safe and sound. I cant waite to see pics!!

8. DoctorGoose

Jul 27, 2007
    Woodinville,WA
    Okay---please do tell me if I've got the breeds right. Two of these are going down to Grandma's the RIR and RSL. (Buff orp chicks are lighter than RSL, yes?)

The Easter Egger. (No name yet--Been thinking about stealing southern's name of sweet cheeks!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Cuckoo Marans

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Buff Orp, Minerva (yes? Buff orp?)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Grandma's chickens: First the RSL:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and the RIR:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. smnytx

smnytx Out Of The Brooder

Sep 9, 2007
    the fourth picture (second one of a black chick/alleged cuckoo maran) looks EXACTLY like my barred rock baby. Same beak, same white spot on the head. Hard to tell about the picture before that, but that one may be a BR, too. The third one (the gray one) seems different from the previous two, so perhaps that's the maran? Or they all might be - I'm certainly no expert yet.

All will become clear in time, no doubt!

Good job working out the delivery!

10. jennrauch

jennrauch Out Of The Brooder

Oct 2, 2007
    My Post Office called me at 4:43 am with our chicks. Talk about Early!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by