Bleenie, Cocoa, Willow, Nibbles and 2 without names yet..growing so fa

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by PlumTuckered, May 8, 2011.

1. PlumTuckered

PlumTuckered Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2007
    Arkansas
    The babies are growing so fast!!! I still keep them in an outdoor pen in the yard during the day and in a dog crate on the porch at night unless it gets below 55 then they're in the dog crate in the laundry room at night. A few days ago I started giving them an hour of run around the yard time along with a swim early every evening to help tucker them out for the night. Today I gave them a swim and hour of run around time a few hours ago...it was so terribly hot today and they enjoyed the pool time, they love to hear the hose running cause they know it means I'll make them a mud puddle to play in LOL I took the photo with my phone so it's not a great one, sorry.
    [​IMG]

Michelle

2. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Adorable. [​IMG]
    Mine had to have their pools/water bowls filled and refilled today due to the heat.

3. PlumTuckered

Jun 27, 2007
    Arkansas
    I hear ya. Mine have a roasting pan filled with water in their day brooder out in the yard, I think I refilled it with cool water about a dozen times today. I finally decided to let them have an early swim and then I'll give them another swim and runaround about 7 pm. We finally have a bit of a breeze out there and they're all stretched out sleeping in the brooder LOL

Michelle

4. 70%cocoa

70%cocoa Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Canberra, Australia
    They look very happy and healthy! I love those first minutes while the water is still clear [​IMG]

5. aduckstolemyheart

aduckstolemyheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Missouri
    so beautiful! [​IMG]

6. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

[​IMG] [​IMG] Sooo CUTE! I just want to snuggle the little barred one!!! [​IMG]

7. PlumTuckered

Jun 27, 2007
    Arkansas
    That little Blue Barred is Bleenie :) She's such a character!! When I come out with the peas she practically jumps up and runs on top of the others to get her peas first LOL Bleenie and Willow are the snugglers of the bunch.

Michelle

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by