Bleenie,Cocoa,Willow,Sudi,Shadow and Nibbles today.....pic

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by PlumTuckered, May 16, 2011.

1. PlumTuckered

PlumTuckered Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2007
    Arkansas
    My babies are growing so dang fast!! Luckily they still love to see me and snuggles. Bleenie,Willow and Sudi are my biggest snugglers. I love it when they all see me coming and they line up at their pen gate and sing with their little heads stretched up towards me...they melt my heart!
    My Husband brought some dirt up from the pasture to fill in the little ditches that my dogs dug at the edge of the porch, the scovie babies had some fun in the new dirt LOL
    [​IMG]

Michelle

2. PlumTuckered

Jun 27, 2007
    Arkansas
    Left to right:

Shadow, Willow, Cocoa, Sudi (in back), Bleenie and Nibbles.

Cocoa was chocolate color as a new duckling but is changing to black and white with a green sheen to her black feathers. What is the color name for the ones that are colored mostly black with some white?

Michelle

3. aduckstolemyheart

aduckstolemyheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Missouri
    Adorable!!!

4. mandelyn

mandelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    Goshen, OH
    So cute!

5. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

The ones that are mostly black with some white on their breast/chest area are most commonly called 'bibbed', over here anyway, Some people will also just call them pied. Most of mine like that end up with only a few white spots though, nothing like a bib or even bib-shape, so i just refer to them as "freckled" [​IMG]

6. PlumTuckered

Jun 27, 2007
    Arkansas
    freckled, I like that! Cocoa has two perfect white patches above her eyes, they look like eyebrows LOL

Michelle

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by