Bless the placid Brahma Boys.

pgpoultry

Songster
10 Years
Oct 16, 2009
Wales
Fox attack 4 days ago wiped out half my hens and my alpha boy was badly bitten needing stitches. He rallied very quickly, so I let him go back outside yesterday.

My daughter bought me 3 Turken chicks yesterday (to cheer me up),......they have a little outside run pen by the house where the rest free range, but there was a little gap at the top.

I came out of the house to find one chick must have flown out and was lying on his side sunbathing with the two big Brahma boys with his head actually resting on the legs of the injured one.

The more I see of the big Brahmas, the more I like them....

Sandie

How sweet. Brahmas were my first flock. Now I have ventured into other breeds, but will always have some brahmas.

Sweet
love.gif
I hope they are a good example to the turkens, cause every turken I have ever owned was evil.
sad.png

Glad some other folk like the Brahma boys, such stately characters....and mmadie's mom you could be right about the turkens, one of the chicks pecks really hard when I move him (and I think it will be a him!) from outdoor to indoor pen.

Sandie

My Brahma roo, Bob has never been disrepectful to me or any of the hens (at least while I am around) & would never think about breeding one in front of me. The other Roo, a wyandotte - forget about it - he is such a pain, always testing his boundaries. Bob is head Roo & even the pain n the butt Wyandotte is respectful of him. Here is a younger pic of him. i
51143_bob_sam.jpg

Back
Top Bottom