1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Blind Cockeral Can't make

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Iluvmychickens, May 31, 2008.

1. Iluvmychickens

Iluvmychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2007
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Hi everyone,

I have a blind Cockeral named Fry Pan. He will be 6 months old on June 3rd. He just loves the ladies , and they love him too. He drops the wing and does what I call the "Dirty Dance". He then calls the ladies over and they automatically drop and squat for him. He can not see and has not been able to perform his duties.

So my question is:

Does anybody have any idea on how to make it happen for him? I have held the hen while Dan holds Fry Pan and still no connection. The ladies are all frustrated and very bousterious about it. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

DeeDee & Dan

2. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I don't know what advice to give. I have a blind button quail male in with another.... um hen i think. He makes all the noises and follows it around but I've never seen him do uh, anything... If helping him out like that hasen't helped perhaps getting another Rooster might encourage him to try harder.[​IMG]

3. Iluvmychickens

Iluvmychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2007
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Unfortunately, living in the city limits of jacksonville I can not have roosters. Frypan lives in the house with us and I keep a close eye on him when he is in the back yard. One crow and back in the house he goes.

We did try putting the ladies in his cage and still had no luck. I hope one day there will be a "connection"

DeeDee & Dan

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by