Blind Tiny's search for the perfect roommate. PICTURES ADDED!!!

Southern28Chick

Flew The Coop
12 Years
Apr 16, 2007
I've been looking for a silkie or polish to be a roommate for Blind Tiny. I have not been able to find one. So once again I looked at my flock for a good girl.

I think I found her. Big Bertha, one of my EE's. Today I put her in the pen with Tiny and I sat in Tiny's run for about an hour to make sure they were getting along. There was no problems but I took Bertha out before I left the chicken yard because I didn't know if Bertha would be mean to Tiny when I left. Tonight Bertha (who's at the bottom of the pecking order) was being kicked out of the chicken house and I thought maybe she'd get a good nights sleep in Tiny's Townhouse. I put her in the townhouse with Tiny and the last time I checked they were snuggled close together sleeping. I think this'll work. I'm going to go out right now and try to get a picture of the 2 new happy roommates.

Last edited:
thats great! too bad you dont have an excuse to get more chickens now...
roll.png

Here's the 2 happy roommates.
I woke them up when I opened the door to their run. In one picture Tiny (Barred Rock) looks like she's looking at the camera. I think she can see a little bit of light but other than that she's completely blind.
DSC00144.jpg

DSC00142.jpg

Oh and I fugured out who's web I walk into every night. This is a cool picture. I have no problem with spiders, they freak me out sometimes but they're way better than snakes:
DSC00147.jpg

Awwww, I hope things work out for Tiny, and that is a very cool pic of the spider and web, Just wouldn't want to run into it after dark, lol

What a great pic of the girls...I am so glad they are getting along. Im sure your Bertha will help Tiny through it all. And for the spider, might I say...ewww ewww ewwww!!!!!

First off all, Glad this is looking good for tiny. We all love happy endings
jumpy.gif

Second, i just need to say that i would take a million snakes over that one spider. If i walked through a web only to later find out it belonged to THAT spider.....I would probably be sick to my stomache. Your one tough cookie lady.

Quote:
I would probably be ok with snakes but I was chased by an 8' black snake when I was a teenager. It chased me about 100 yards. Seriously! And then I was very excited when I first ordered my chicks but then when they moved outside at 5 weeks old my only baby roo was killed by a black snake. I'm not really scared of them, they've just rubbed me the wrong way. I don't kill snakes though, I rehome them. Even the one that killed my baby Bok Bok. Spiders on the other hand have never done anything to me. I walk into this one's web EVERY NIGHT!!! And still here he is, making a web in the same dag on spot!

Edited to add: You'd think I'd remember where the web is and try to avoid it but NOOOOOO! It's not a huge spider but it does have very thick, hairy legs.

Last edited:
OMG, look at all the feathers in Tiny's Townhouse.
ep.gif
I'm going to clean the houses tomorrow. That looks terrible. In my defence though, it has been very hot out lately.

Back
Top Bottom