1. sower56

sower56 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 16, 2014
    I have a baby that was born yesterday 2-2-14 about 12 noon. She is still wobbly on her legs all of her feathers did not grow in on her back , which isn't bad I am sure they will but I think she is blind. Is that possible and how can I know for sure and what can I do? I just got her to drink some water today but have to put her little beak in every time and she doesn't touch her food. The 2 that were born the day before is doing all that and did yesterday . I need help. I want to do what I can for her. I had to get a warm rag to get her eyes open and I thought that took care of it but an hour or so later they were closed again. She isn't skiddish either when my hand is going near her to help her get water like most babies are

[​IMG]

2. chickenlver2013

chickenlver2013 Chillin' With My Peeps

Was the two chicks born before her or after her? She may still be learning how to walk and most likely still absorbing the yolk. Have you tried can corn? I got my chicks eating immediently with can corn.

3. sower56

Jan 16, 2014
    [​IMG]

They were born the day before. They are doing great. she looks better this morning but I'm still not sure about her sight I will add a picture of her this morning.

4. crazyfeathers

crazyfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2013
    Auburndale, Wi
    Hi Sower56,
    Good luck with your baby, I am having eye problems as well with my Astrolorp but haven't received any feedback yet as to what I can do to help her. I tried the warm compress as well but didn't work. I just got done bathing her and blow drying her. I hope she didn't get pecked in the eye. She "of course" is my favorite chicken. Best of luck with your baby chick.

5. sower56

Jan 16, 2014
    Thank you very much. I will be praying for yours also.

6. crazyfeathers

crazyfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2013
    Auburndale, Wi
    [​IMG] Thank you for your prayers. This is my Olive. If you have any advice for me I would appreciate it as well. Thanks again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by