Blizzard Warning! *UPDATED ~ MORE IOWA PICS PG 8 from Chickbond007*

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Iowa Roo Mom, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    Amidst my sadness today... I found this. A bit of good news [​IMG]
    I can say that because I don't have to work 'till Friday, so from now 'till then I can sit back and watch [​IMG]

From the National Weather Service...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN DES MOINES HAS ISSUED A BLIZZARD WARNING... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 9 PM THIS EVENING TO 6 PM CST WEDNESDAY. THE WINTER STORM WARNING IS NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM CST THIS EVENING. THE BLIZZARD WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

* STORM TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS: SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 10 TO 14 INCHES ARE ANTICIPATED FOR MUCH OF CENTRAL IOWA. THE BEST THREAT FOR RECEIVING OVER A FOOT OF SNOW IS GENERALLY SOUTH OF HIGHWAY 20. ISOLATED AMOUNTS UP TO 16 INCHES ARE FORECAST FROM EAST OF DES MOINES TO SOUTH OF WATERLOO.

* IMPACTS: VERY STRONG NORTH TO NORTHWEST WINDS WILL CAUSE SIGNIFICANT BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF SNOW AND WHITEOUT CONDITIONS LATE TONIGHT INTO WEDNESDAY... LEADING TO THE POTENTIAL FOR MAJOR TRAVEL IMPACTS AND ROAD CLOSURES. SNOW DRIFTS OF 8 TO 15 FEET ARE POSSIBLE BY WEDNESDAY. THE POTENTIAL FOR POWER OUTAGES EXIST AS WELL WITH THE VERY STRONG WINDS. WIND CHILL READINGS ON WEDNESDAY WILL RANGE FROM 10 TO 20 BELOW ZERO.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'm kind of excited!

ETA: Someone please pass me the hot coco....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, here are some pics I just took...

The picnic table... I'd say 4" at the moment
    [​IMG]

The Vacant Martin House
    [​IMG]

Diesel's favorite tree...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The back woods....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And Baby D playing in the snow. He's loved snowballs since he was a pup [​IMG] Someone really should tell him he's an old man now!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Going for the BIG ONE!!!
    [​IMG]

That's it folks! More to come!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This was the total at 7 PM
    [​IMG]
    Just took these at about 1 AM, wanted to get them before the wind picked up and blew it off the trees

Bird feeder
    [​IMG]

A pretty tree
    [​IMG]

Another pretty tree...
    [​IMG]

I though I left my car here somewhere...
    [​IMG]

The gate
    [​IMG]

Care to have a seat?
    [​IMG]

Picnic anyone?
    [​IMG]

Grand total...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  2. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    i want snow i havent seen snow in years [​IMG]

3. Tygrepath

Tygrepath Out Of The Brooder

Oct 27, 2009
    CT
    Quote:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  4. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    Snow ain't bad when it stays off the roads...blizzards aren't any fun...it is just wrong when you gotta dig to get to the coop

5. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    Here in WI its 8" to 14" by Wed night [​IMG] . I'm not a snow person

6. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    If it gets bad enough, I will move the chickens to the garage... Then, me and Baby D are going to sit back and enjoy! [​IMG] <--- *Insert Hot Coco here*

7. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    Three ionches here and the gals wanna come out but arent sure of the whits stuff... I plan to go build a snow man in their chicken yard and let them out at 3..fun chicken pics!

8. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    I would be excited if I did not have to drive the kids to school.We have snow and raining heading my way in Ohio.Looking forward to the weekend when we can stay home.Keep warm and safe!

I put a few more bails of straw in the chicken shed to insulate my girls.

9. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    im suppose to go to Virginia February 1st through the 18th and i really hope i get snow while im up there or ill have to hunt the person who makes snow down and tell them i want some in a jar please lol

10. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

gosh Terrah you just keep rubbing it in don't you! [​IMG] I want more snow!!!! I got through a danged blizzard for it to stop once I got home. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by