Bloated crop - what to watch for?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Staley, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Staley

Staley Out Of The Brooder

May 7, 2014
    [​IMG]
    This girl came to us with a bit of a wheeze which we got cleared up but she still didn't seem right. Her eyes look tired and she is less active than the others. Otherwise fine. This evening she didn't open her eyes when I picked her up and her feet were cold. I gave her a warm soak with some epsom salts and that's when I noticed her crop. It was so bloated and stretched that I could see the fluid move inside. I massaged it and she vomited water. No odor, just water. She rested and caught her breath, had a messy yellow greenish poo and walked over to the arm of my chair (a positive sign, at least shes moving). She is now resting again and i will keep her seperate. What do I need to watch for or do for her now? Thank you.

2. Staley

May 7, 2014
    Poor girl. I checked in her before bed and her feet felt cold again so I'm holding her and snuggling. I laid on the couch with her and as she sleeps more water is coming up and draining from her beak :( I wonder if she drank a ton to try to move something else through.[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  3. Staley

May 7, 2014
    Nevermind. She died last night :(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by