Blood again??

chickenthyme

Songster
Feb 3, 2018
NE Ohio
So I had an issue a couple of months ago with blood in their droppings. I treated them with the Corridin for two weeks and it seemed almost right away after that, that it happened again so I gave them another two week round of it. Just put them back on regular water with ACV in it just the other day and this morning I went out to let them out and there it was again. Just a smaller drop of blood almost as if they had just relieved themselves and then dotted it with blood on top.
They seem fine other than that but just concerns me it keeps happening. Any thoughts?

Do you have any pictures of the current droppings? At 7 months, they should have built up tolerance to coccidia in the soil, but it can be common to see some occasional intestinal wall shed which looks like stringy pieces of tomato. However, if you are seeing it often in more droppings, I would try to get some collected fresh droppings checked by a vet for coccidia and worms. How are they acting, and are they eating and drinking normally?

Didn't take pictures this morning but I'll check tomorrow. What I saw this morning though was a bright red drop......just looked like blood. Not sure we have a vet that would do this testing or not around here.
They are acting just fine and eating normally.

Back
Top Bottom