blood blister on ducks beak how to fix it?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by TAMMY GUY, Apr 15, 2019.

1. TAMMY GUY

TAMMY GUY Hatching

Jun 18, 2018
    I have 3 pecking ducks. One female and two males. One male dont mess with her but the largest one from time to time pecks at her or chases her and he is at least 2 times her size maybe even 3 times. LuLu had problems walking and we thought it was because of Dewey so we divided there pen up and she is walking again. So after watching them for a few days we took the divider down and they have done good.She just layed a egg two days ago for the first time in weeks and today we go out and her beak has a blood blister on the nose. Its soft not hard but not sure how she got it. Can someone please tell me how this happens or what causes it...

2. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General

Can you post a picture of it?

ButtonquailGirl14 likes this.
  3. crazy4ChickensNducks

crazy4ChickensNducks Songster

Dec 16, 2018
    west, michigan
    X2

4. ButtonquailGirl14

ButtonquailGirl14 Crossing the Road

Jul 13, 2017
    Northport WA
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you could join the Flock! Let me know if you need anything!:celebrate:wee:jumpy:thumbsup:welcome:yesss::woot

5. happy duck

happy duck Crazy duck mom

Mar 24, 2018
    Small town
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! So glad you found this sight in time. It would be real helpful if you posted a pic.

6. TAMMY GUY

TAMMY GUY Hatching

Jun 18, 2018
    this is LEWEY now known as LULU of the HEWEy DEWEy and LEWEy this is the red spot i was talking about

Attached Files:

7. TAMMY GUY

TAMMY GUY Hatching

Jun 18, 2018
    this is a picture of all three after playing in the mud Dewey is the largest one and LU LU is the one on side of ramp this pic was taken three days ago when we were cleaning out there cage of all the old wheat straw and hosing the brick under it
    IMG_2096.PNG

8. happy duck

Mar 24, 2018
    Small town
    My Coop
    I kinda just looks like it was bumped and then bled inside. I know some people have had this before with there ducks but I don't remember the treatment. I think they just left it and let it heal but I am not sure....sorry this was no help.. :(

casportpony likes this.
  9. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General

Good post @happy duck :goodpost:

I think if he were mine I would leave it alone and see if it heals. Some people might suggest poking it and draining the blood, but I think that you could do more harm than good doing that, and you could introduce bacteria into that area which could then turn into an infection of the sinus cavity.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    Miss Lydia, Jpat and happy duck like this.
  10. happy duck

Mar 24, 2018
    Small town
    My Coop
    :goodpost:I have learned to book mark almost all your post to have for safe keeping... :lau

Jpat, Miss Lydia and casportpony like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: