1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

blood blister on ducks bill?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by AvianEgo, Aug 27, 2013.

1. AvianEgo

AvianEgo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2013
    Minnesota
    Anyone ever run across this before? She was fine when I left for work. It was almost 100 degrees today, but she has a pool, and shelter with a fan (fan is not someplace she can get to, just a place that can blow down on them). So I'm guessing its trauma based. Not sure if another duck bit her, or if she did it on the ice block i gave them as it melted? She does not seem bothered by it, so i will keep an eye on it. Just wanted to see if anyone else has seen this..[​IMG]

2. AvianEgo

AvianEgo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2013
    Minnesota
    I will add that it is raised and squishy like it might burst

3. theduckgirl4110

theduckgirl4110 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2013
    I have never seen this. Sorry I know nothing about this but I hope someone with experience will come along. I want to find out too.

4. laurendoc

laurendoc Out Of The Brooder

May 27, 2015
    Leeds, England, UK
    Hello!

I know this is an old thread but I was wondering what happened with this as my ducks has something similar, she has a small scratch then this. It's not causing her any issues it just looks painful and uncomfortable!

Thanks.

5. Alicia0795

Alicia0795 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 21, 2014
    my duck has this. is it just a blood blister?

6. laurendoc

laurendoc Out Of The Brooder

May 27, 2015
    Leeds, England, UK
    Yeah it seemed to clear up in a couple of weeks, didn't seem to cause her any distress or issues and there is no sign of a lasting mark.:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by