Blood/bloody mucous in hen poo

Jascita

Hatching
Jul 18, 2021
Hi Friends,

We recently moved 14 hens (only 8 currently laying) to their new coop, which has a poop catching tray for easy cleaning.

I noticed these droppings this morn on the tray.

I have researched and read everything from intestinal shedding to coccidiosis, but I am a first time chicken Mama and need guidance from those who have gone before me and have experience under their belts!

Thank you and take care!

Attachments

• 43460E2A-6C3E-49F7-B5E3-EE13C149BA77.jpeg
    43460E2A-6C3E-49F7-B5E3-EE13C149BA77.jpeg
    535 KB · Views: 42
  • D8BC2739-42C0-4153-BEA4-B1E9F9AE00E9.jpeg
    D8BC2739-42C0-4153-BEA4-B1E9F9AE00E9.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
  • EBE35A88-93CA-418B-88BF-2279411EB43F.jpeg
    EBE35A88-93CA-418B-88BF-2279411EB43F.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I would go to TSC and get some Corid. It's found in the cattle section.

Liquid Corid dose is 2tsp per gallon of water or Powdered Corid dose is 1 1/2tsp per gallon of water. Give as the sole source of drinking water for 5-7 days.
Don't add anything else to the water.

I would go to TSC and get some Corid. It's found in the cattle section.

Liquid Corid dose is 2tsp per gallon of water or Powdered Corid dose is 1 1/2tsp per gallon of water. Give as the sole source of drinking water for 5-7 days.
Thank you! It’s okay for the whole flock to drink from this water? Also, should we stop eating eggs during this time or anytime after?

First time chicken mom here as well and I am also going through this. I read where lots of folks saw no bloody poops after one day of treatment. It took 3 days of corid for me to get an all clear on the poop so hopefully that will help ease your mind when treating. I also read that after the 5-7 days are up you treat again 2 weeks later for 3 days is this a good suggestion?

First time chicken mom here as well and I am also going through this. I read where lots of folks saw no bloody poops after one day of treatment. It took 3 days of corid for me to get an all clear on the poop so hopefully that will help ease your mind when treating. I also read that after the 5-7 days are up you treat again 2 weeks later for 3 days is this a good suggestion?
Photos?
How old are they?

Full dose of Corid is given for 5-7 days. You could give for another 5-7 days at 1/3tsp powder or 1/2 tsp liquid per gallon of water if you wish.

Photos?
How old are they?

Full dose of Corid is given for 5-7 days. You could give for another 5-7 days at 1/3tsp powder or 1/2 tsp liquid per gallon of water if you wish.
Thank you for the information. They are a little over a year and things are looking goo. I don't have pic of poo on my computer but it was bloody. I actually saw one poop it out. I had a reduction in eggs and a few of the girls would huddle fluff out their feathers. Its day 4 and they are acting better.

Back
Top Bottom