Blood Coming Out Of The Egg

meyer.miniatures

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jul 21, 2008
so yesterday i cracked an egg while candeling it...now the egg is peeping. some more of the shell is cracked away..but now has blood coming out of it. i dont have a whole lot of experience with this but have never seen a bloody chicken delivery. im guessing this poor chick is going to have a slow death. this is the worst experience can anyone help me

It would depend on how much blood there is and what day it is on...if it is close to hatching the chick will soon absorb the yolk and the veins will dry up..if theres only a little blood the chick may do just fine..I think it would also depend on where the blood was comming from and how much there is. Dont give up hope yet. Let us know what happens we will be pulling for the little chickie.

There may be a chance yet so dont give up. I know its early Sunday morning in the States but maybe there's an open pharmacy nearby. I would do the following;

1. - Get a small aerosol can of Povidone/Betadine/Iodine powder. This can be sprayed onto a cut as a cold dry powder to help as an antiseptic. The cold action of the spray will help to 'wither' the bleeding vessel and the powder will stem the blood flow. Hopefully the internal bleeding will not be so bad. Once dry THEN;

2. - Get a small can over spay on 'new skin'. It can be spayed onto minor cuts with children etc and drys on like a transparent plaster of skin.

Sorry I can help with exact product names but Im from the UK
big_smile.png

Good Luck - Pete

PS; The iodine dry powder spary is also excellent for wetor bloody navels when hatching. Again helps control any bleed as the powder coagulates and helps to prevent na.verl infection

Last edited:
Quote:
It will tell me the steps at photo bucket to post the pic on here..Sorry!! New to this obviously

Upload your pic then click on it. You will see a bigger version of this on the side of the pic and you want to use the bottom one. All you have to do is click inside the box and it copies it for you. Just come back here and paste it into the reply box

Screenshot2011-03-27at91627AM.png

It's been 12 hours since the egg was opened too early... The chx is still sitting in the bottom portion if the shell & peeping & breathing fine (seems to be)! I think it might just live : )

Back
Top Bottom