Blood ( I think ) in chicks poo

Birdsong 82

Free Ranging
6 Years
Aug 17, 2017
Virginia
This morning when I went out to feed the chicks I I found poop that looks like it has blood in it at the door to the run. The reason I wrote I thinkIs because it was a very light red. It didn’t look like normal blood. I put down the bin of food to run in to get my phone to get a picture and unfortunately they came over and of coarse knocked in the bin down so it was hard to get a good picture since they knock the bin of food over on it. There are nine of them that are seven weeks old and one that is eight weeks old. They finally ventured out into the real world last weekend. Everyone seems to be acting normal and everyone rushed to the feeder As usual this morning. Not sure what’s up

15EEFC57-58F0-4A27-9888-6E974DE13A8B.jpeg 95447781-CC56-43E5-95C0-38C46D263BF8.jpeg

Good morning.
It could be the beginning signs of Coccidiosis or it could be a little intestinal lining.
I would not wait to confirm Coccidiosis...I would start Corid asap.

It’s going to be hard to figure out which one it is though. I actually have some corid here For situations like this. I have a bottle of cord here that I got for my goat but she ended up being fine and Not needing it. The vet who suggested it to me said it wasn’t actually for goats but they could have it I can’t remember what animal she said it was for and it doesn’t state it on the bottle. I’m guessing there’s a certain kind for chickens. Sorry if that’s a silly question but I have an experienced a sick little one before.

Do I just treat all of them because it might take a while to figure out who it’s coming from. Is it safe to treat. It’s weird because I gave the medicated feed for a certain amount of time to try to prevent this but they actually just got off their medicated feed recently

Oh never mind I just found it it said it’s for Calves. Guess I’ll be calling the farm supply store. I’m guessing if they have it for calves Then they probably have it for chickens there

It’s going to be hard to figure out which one it is though. I actually have some corid here For situations like this. I have a bottle of cord here that I got for my goat but she ended up being fine and Not needing it. The vet who suggested it to me said it wasn’t actually for goats but they could have it I can’t remember what animal she said it was for and it doesn’t state it on the bottle. I’m guessing there’s a certain kind for chickens. Sorry if that’s a silly question but I have an experienced a sick little one before.
The Corid you have will be fine.
They do not make a Corid specifically for poultry. ;)
You have the liquid Corid correct?

Oh never mind I just found it it said it’s for Calves. Guess I’ll be calling the farm supply store. I’m guessing if they have it for calves Then they probably have it for chickens there
No no...it's perfect.

Oh OK great. That Way I can get it to her quicker because nothing is close to me. Unfortunately I just left because my dogs vet is leaving early today and I have to get her prescription today. So should I just treat all of them instead of having to wait till I find the chicken that pooped that. What it be safe to treat all of them anyway

Back
Top Bottom