Blood in Feces

tacosta1009

Songster
Feb 17, 2020
Hi, all!

I saw some blood in one of the chickens feces over a week ago and I started to treat with Corid, until I could get a fecal. In the end, they got 7 days of Corid

I got a fecal done and it came back positive for tapeworms. I gave them Panacur, it’s been a couple of days and I found this today…

Help???

Attachments

• 2F834F66-72DE-46AA-8E1C-0BB149034118.jpeg
    2F834F66-72DE-46AA-8E1C-0BB149034118.jpeg
    563.5 KB · Views: 11
Hi, all!

I saw some blood in one of the chickens feces over a week ago and I started to treat with Corid, until I could get a fecal. In the end, they got 7 days of Corid

I got a fecal done and it came back positive for tapeworms. I gave them Panacur, it’s been a couple of days and I found this today…

Help???
I have that same dewormer, & it doesn't treat tapeworms.

The best treatment for tapeworms is praziquantel, which is in Equimax and Zimectrin Gold horse pastes, and in Droncit or Drontal tablets. Equimax dosage is 0.03 ml per pound of weight given once a and again in 14 days. That is 0.16 ml for a 5 pound chicken. The others have different dosages. Panacur or SafeGuard (fenbendazole) will not treat tapeworms.

@Eggcessive I do have Equimax as well...I was trying to follow the doc's orders, but guess that's not going very well, is it?? 🤦‍♀️ Do you think tapeworms can cause the bleeding? Also, do you know the Equimax egg-withdrawal time? Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom