Blood in poop = Coccidiosis, also feather loss and breathing problems

LightAurora589

Chirping
Dec 31, 2021
I have some amprolium and was going to start giving it to them, they still lay eggs at the moment but I am super worried about them.

I can't tell whether my birds still have lice or not, I use both diatomaceous earth and permathin to kill them twice to make sure the eggs can't survive, I haven't found any knits either as now. I thought the red patches on their skin they have might be from the sun or from some sort of fungul infection so I decided to spray blue coat for a while but the feathers on the belly of one of my hens have never truly grown back, I heard aloe vera is a good solution for the patchy redness.

I treated the birds a long time ago for their breathing issues with Tylosin but they still seem to have some issues so I will be bathing them and cleaning the dirt out of there noses.

I also used Amoxicillin to try to deal with one of my hens reproductive issues.

I just hope they aren't infected with anything, one of my hens, even though they have such a large area to walk around managed to catch bumblefoot again so I have enough issues on my hands.

Attachments

• blood poop.jpg
    blood poop.jpg
    565.1 KB · Views: 23
  • blood poop 2.jpg
    blood poop 2.jpg
    711.6 KB · Views: 3
  • blood poop 3.jpg
    blood poop 3.jpg
    440.8 KB · Views: 5
Blood in the stool is very unlikely to be from coccidia at the point of laying age hens if they have been on your property for a length of time. They would long have acquired resistance to the protozoa.
Tylosin is for bacteria. Are you sure the problem wasn't viral, fungal or environmental?
I can't say for sure, but I don't think red skin patches would be from either sun exposure or fungus. Where in the world are you located.
How would an antibiotic (amoxicillin) correct a reproductive issue? What is the reproductive issue?
ETA
I wanted to add that bumblefoot is always initially from a wound on the foot that picks up a staph infection. Something on your property or in the coop that causes a scratch or wound in the footpad.

Last edited:
Blood in the stool is very unlikely to be from coccidia at the point of laying age hens if they have been on your property for a length of time. They would long have acquired resistance to the protozoa.
Tylosin is for bacteria. Are you sure the problem wasn't viral, fungal or environmental?
I can't say for sure, but I don't think red skin patches would be from either sun exposure or fungus. Where in the world are you located.
How would an antibiotic (amoxicillin) correct a reproductive issue? What is the reproductive issue?
ETA
I wanted to add that bumblefoot is always initially from a wound on the foot that picks up a staph infection. Something on your property or in the coop that causes a scratch or wound in the footpad.
Thank you for the information.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/chicken-head-and-tail-drooping.1512451/

I ended up using the tips from this thread I made for help with my sick hen and other hens.

I have an update, one or two of my hens seems to have pooping a lot of orangeish poop as of late, I heard its only a bad sign if its often so its worried me. Also The hens still have the rash problems and the feather issues and their breathing problems.

Should I clean their nose? I also heard aloe vera was good for the rash as opposed to blue coat, what aloe vera gell is safe for hens that I could get at my own local store?

I have some generic store bought aloe vera, can anyone tell me if this is good for burns?

Bump, please help me if you can.

Back
Top Bottom