blood in poop?? help?

calichooks

Chirping
Apr 17, 2020
my almost-a-week-old maran chick Cricket was hanging out with me this evening when she squatted and pooped- i went to go clean it up and when i got it in the napkin i saw red. this scared me because i’ve read up about coccidiosis and this is the first time i’ve seen her poop like this- she’s feathering slower than the others but i see her eating and drinking, she’s acting fine, i’m just very worried. they’re eating medicated feed and have been since day one, but would she still get it anyway? everyone seems healthy and it’s making me really worried. here’s a picture of the poop, sorry for posting it 😣

Attachments

• 4D564750-72C0-484C-AACC-64D613FAAFB9.jpeg
    4D564750-72C0-484C-AACC-64D613FAAFB9.jpeg
    307.6 KB · Views: 4
they do occasionally poop a little blood and tissue. If this is a one off thing I would just monitor carefully.
If she is getting a coccidiostat she should not get coccidiosis. She may just be a little slow in developing...

they do occasionally poop a little blood and tissue. If this is a one off thing I would just monitor carefully.
If she is getting a coccidiostat she should not get coccidiosis. She may just be a little slow in developing...
thank you. i watched her poop the two times afterward and they were regular, so i’m just guessing maybe it was shed lining. it just threw me for a loop to see all that red i suppose 😰

Back
Top Bottom