Blood in poop

Jul 11, 2020
Hi I dont know if im in the right thread so sorry if im not. Got a new silkie chicken about 4 days ago. She was in poor conditions and while they said she was 3months old i dont believe shes older than two months. Just today this chicken has done about three poos that seem to have blood in them. Before this i was worried the chicken may be sick due to the conditons it was raised but now im panicked. Is this normal?
For extra information i recently switched her food from the high protein laying feed she was on cause i believed her to be too young. She doesnt forage or walk around much but that could also be that its her first time on grass/dirt and in an open space as she was crammed in a concrete container with 20+ chickens. It is also winter here and quite cold today.

Blood in poop, research coccidiosis. Others here may have more help but sounds like a symptom.
I have researched coccidiosis and it doesn't seem like that but I am not an expert, this is my first time having chickens only owned some for 4 months. I am attaching some pictures of my chickens poop. Sorry for the lovely imagery.
107225291_280158269758571_4682642460544403408_n.jpg
109452474_198427831612603_8709641026504489223_n.jpg

Hi I dont know if im in the right thread so sorry if im not. Got a new silkie chicken about 4 days ago. She was in poor conditions and while they said she was 3months old i dont believe shes older than two months. Just today this chicken has done about three poos that seem to have blood in them. Before this i was worried the chicken may be sick due to the conditons it was raised but now im panicked. Is this normal?
For extra information i recently switched her food from the high protein laying feed she was on cause i believed her to be too young. She doesnt forage or walk around much but that could also be that its her first time on grass/dirt and in an open space as she was crammed in a concrete container with 20+ chickens. It is also winter here and quite cold today.
I have researched coccidiosis and it doesn't seem like that but I am not an expert, this is my first time having chickens only owned some for 4 months. I am attaching some pictures of my chickens poop. Sorry for the lovely imagery. View attachment 2240896View attachment 2240898
Can you post some photos of her too?

If I saw poop like that, I would get some Corid and begin treatment.
Check her over really well for lice and mites.

I would also keep her separated (quarantined) for several weeks just to make sure she's in good health and doesn't show symptoms of other illnesses before I considered adding her to an existing flock.

1594612880372.png

clean up the poop right away or else the other chickens can get it. get corid and add it to their water. I have a rooter who has the same problem, and now he has his eyes closed and he is not moving.You have to take care of it fast, before its too late. Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom