Blood in poop

krisandken

In the Brooder
5 Years
Dec 20, 2014
Oregon
My guess is that this is shed intestinal lining rather than cocci or worms, but your thoughts on this picture are appreciated! This is the second morning in a row I have found blood. Yesterday the blood appeared to have a little bit of hamburger-like consistency. I have a flock of 5 Buff Orpington hens and 1 rooster, and I am not sure which one produced this poop. They are about 3 1/2 months old. Thank you.

Probably just to be safe, I would also treat them. We had to administer Corid to our entire flock once, and it is completely harmless, so your birds' health won't be affected by it.
smile.png

I saw the same thing a few days ago and ordered corid online and I am awaiting it's arrival. I hVent seen much more bloody poop but I'm treating just to be on the safe side. I would too if I were you.

Thank you for your responses! I don't have Corid, but I do have Sulmet, so I put some in their water last night and will do so for the next few days. I found the rooster also had bloody poop this morning, so I'm glad I sought out your advice!

Do you have Sulmet on hand? If not, you can find it at your local feed store. I keep a variety of medicines on hand so that way when something comes up I can deal with it. Good luck, and I hope your girl gets better!

Back
Top Bottom