Blood in teen chick poop.....normal at what age?

May 27, 2019
Kaufman Texas
I am new at raising chickens. I have four 2 month old teen ayam cemani chicks. I noticed this morning a small amount of blood in poop. They seem healthy and happy. I was wondering if this is normal at this age.:confused: They eat medicated starter. I change water when it is dirty. I clean their run when needed. I give them lots of attention. I thought I would ask before stressing.
Also should I add ACV to their water? Or maybe electrolytes? It gets pretty hot here in Texas.
Just want my babies to thrive! I'm crazy about them. Any tips are MUCH APPRECIATED! :bow
The one in the pic is my lil roo, Chick Chick, although may needto change it to Chuck Chuck :lau
20190528_193512.jpg

Blood is never normal, really, though not necessarily cause for panic.

Can you get a pic of the stool for us?

You're doing a great job paying attention to their behavior and health! I add ACV every day and save electrolytes for stressed, sick or visibly overheated babies/adults. Some people don't do either one but I've seen some benefit in both. It's a preference thing.

At this point, given the change in stool, I'd clean both food and water dishes well and replace water daily until we figure out the poop situation.

I am new at raising chickens. I have four 2 month old teen ayam cemani chicks. I noticed this morning a small amount of blood in poop. They seem healthy and happy. I was wondering if this is normal at this age.:confused: They eat medicated starter. I change water when it is dirty. I clean their run when needed. I give them lots of attention. I thought I would ask before stressing.
Also should I add ACV to their water? Or maybe electrolytes? It gets pretty hot here in Texas.
Just want my babies to thrive! I'm crazy about them. Any tips are MUCH APPRECIATED! :bow
The one in the pic is my lil roo, Chick Chick, although may needto change it to Chuck Chuck :lau
View attachment 1804356
Can you post some photos of the poop?

Back
Top Bottom