Blood Line in Egg?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Rk024129, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Rk024129

Rk024129 Just Hatched

Feb 28, 2017
    [​IMG]

I am trying to hatch a few eggs from my backyard flock, and noticed that these two eggs look different from the others. Is this what they call a blood line? And if so, how long should I try to wait before taking them out of the incubator? I don't want to risk harming the others. Thank you!

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. I'm certainly no expert when it comes to incubating eggs, but if the perceived blood line moves when you rotate the egg, it could be ok. If it doesn't, then it may not be. Having said that, I'd strongly suggest that you post on the "incubating and hatching eggs" forum - https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/5/incubating-hatching-eggs for expert advice.

Good luck
    CT

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hello from Kansas and [​IMG]! Great to have you in our community! Looks like CTKen has given you some great advice so I'll just say best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Sorry I have never incubated eggs but Welcome to Backyard chickens

5. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

CTKen has given you the best place to find out what's going on with your eggs. Hope all is ok!

6. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there, and welcome to Backyard chickens! Glad you joined us, hope you enjoy it here as much as I have! :frow

~Cuz

7. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Rk024129 [​IMG] Welcome!

Sorry, no candling experience here but I do hope that the folks on the Forum CTKen gave you a link to were able to help. Good luck with the hatch.

I also hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by