Blood on outside of egg last 2 days

Blessedwithhens

Songster
Feb 21, 2021
Hello, my one year-old baby hen has had streaks of blood on the outside of her eggs the last two days. She has been laying for about six months with a about a two month break in the winter, and just started laying again maybe a month ago. Her eggs don’t look noticeably larger than usual nor do they look rough. My chickens have access to oyster shells and I have them mixed into their chicken pellets. I am looking for a diagnosis and advice. I want to make sure this isn’t a vent prolapse or anything else serious, and I was able to get a short video of her vent to show you all what it looks like (so sorry hen- Youre such a good sport!!). I cleaned the external part slightly with antiseptic spray on a Q-tip and applied a little bit of Kwikstop on the external part that looked like it was bleeding as well, the quick stop is the light yellow powder you see on her feathers
Here’s the video (caution GRAPHIC):
I was able to get a short video of her vent to show you all what it looks like

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, my one year-old baby hen has had streaks of blood on the outside of her eggs the last two days. She has been laying for about six months with a about a two month break in the winter, and just started laying again maybe a month ago. Her eggs don’t look noticeably larger than usual nor do they look rough. My chickens have access to oyster shells and I have them mixed into their chicken pellets. I am looking for a diagnosis and advice. I want to make sure this isn’t a vent prolapse or anything else serious, and I was able to get a short video of her vent to show you all what it looks like (so sorry hen- Youre such a good sport!!). I cleaned the external part slightly with antiseptic spray on a Q-tip and applied a little bit of Kwikstop on the external part that looked like it was bleeding as well, the quick stop is the light yellow powder you see on her feathers
Here’s the video (caution GRAPHIC):
is I was able to get a short video of her vent to show you all what it looks like
Thank you all in advance!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom