Blood ring.... ::::Crying::::

BellLisamo

Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis
10 Years
Feb 7, 2009
Tombstone, AZ
gosh dang it! ok so i saw one who had a "blood ring".... so my DH said to throw it over the fence bc it was most likely bad. i couldnt i had to crack it open. i wondered why the mother bird left the rest. i figured cause that one was rotten, YUCK, and maybe the others were too. the baby duck was moving! WHAT THE #$%#$% i thought a blood ring meant they died, or wouldnt hatch!!!
If i knew how to use the cry emoticon i would. darn it!!! Im so sad. Stupid DH, ill never listen to him again. The yolk was still in the egg, the baby didnt absorb it yet.

Waaaahhh!!! Lord please forgive me for accidently killing one of your precious creatures.

Well, i was holding the other two eggs, and one moved. Thank God for that. But wouldnt have cracked them too, not after that. They are back in the incubator. I feel awful. I'll never do that again. Ill let them sit for months if i have to...

hit.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
hugs.gif

we all accidentally do that in our life times of hatching eggs. I've done i tmore than once. My rule for myself now is as long as they dont stink let them stay in the bator. Keep them in the bator for 24 hours after the last egg hatches before you pitch them.
smile.png

it's worked well for me. We all learn from our accidents/mistakes and it's not your fault just take this as a learning expereince that will help you in the future!
smile.png

hugs.gif

"hit" by the way with : infront of it is the cry emotion btw
hit.gif

Quote:
thanks for help with the crying emoticon. I think the baby was a duck. MY ONLY DUCK egg left. All the eggs stunk cause the bator stinks from that one rotten one. Gosh dang it.

Thanks for the support
hugs.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I did that when I as 8 or 9. I was taking the unhatched eggs out of the nest and then throwing them to dispose of them. One had a chick in it. Of course I was devasted. I have no idea if it would have hatch and probably not because the hen had left the nest but I still remember it.

Yours might not have hatch either. There is no way to know but next time leave them in the bator and don't tell DH anything.

Sometimes it is really really hard to tell a blood ring from the veining that is supposed to be in the egg. It is easy to mistake them. So yeah I agree put them in the bator and don't touch them! Sorry for the loss.
sad.png

Awww, I am so sorry!
hugs.gif
Don't be too hard on yourself, it was an accident!
hugs.gif
You didn't mean to do it! And we all know that you would have NEVER done it knowing that it was alive. No worries, lets just hope for the others to hatch big and healthy!
hugs.gif

thanks everyone. it sucks because it was my only duck egg left. my duck doesnt lay but once a week it seems. SO i guess my next question is...

1. How long can you keep an egg before incubating it?

2. How do you store it?

I'd like to try this incubator thing again.
hit.gif

Or i might give them to my broody.

I did this too. It was only like Day 7. I saw a bloodring so I cracked it open only to find a little ducky with a beating heart. I did a double take and freaked out. I chucked the thing in the toilet....egg shell, and all. My boyfriend still laughs at me that I threw the entire egg in the toilet. He wasnt there and doesnt know a thing about eggs so he doesnt understand. Ive learned a little patience since then. I too am an egg killer.

sad.png

Back
Top Bottom