1. luvinmychickens

luvinmychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    So yesterday there was blood on the chicken door.. Like, a good amount. It looked like it was splattered, then rubbed in. We looked at the girls, and they looked fine... Now today, my brother decides to tell me that last night one of my girls had blood on her beak?! He is going out to take a picture right now, because I am really freaked out!

PLEASE HELP ME!

Thank you SOOOOO much in advance!!!!!!!

2. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Most likely there was a minor scuffle while roosting. When combs get nicked, they bleed like crazy, and if a hen shakes her head when it happens, then it can look like a CSI crime scene. But if you look at the comb the next day, it's often barely noticeable. That would be my guess as to what happened.

3. luvinmychickens

luvinmychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    Thanks so much:)

Thank goodness, There is no blood on the chickens, but there is on the chicken door and on top of the feeder.. Beaks are fine, their feet and bodies look fine. I guess it could have been the comb of one of them? my hen brownie has a pretty big comb and it has some little black scab looking things on it....... But anyways, I'll get pictures later of the blood on the door and feeder.

4. well... did she live??

5. Silkie-lover33

Silkie-lover33 Chillin' With My Peeps

If everyone is acting fine I would worry.

6. o ok :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by