Bloody Butt

ChickenMama49

Hatching
9 Years
Jun 12, 2010
My White Leghorn and Speckled Sussex both have bloody butts... i have put one in isalation for a couple of days and gave medicane... the problem was fixed but now it has come back even stronger ... my other chickens have pecked at them and it is bad.. Does anyone know what disease my 2 cute chickenss have? Can it be Cured ? i dont want them to suffer... so i need to act fast ... they are still alert and happy chickens but there is seriously something wrong...

could this be from a prolaspe vent? or is it from the other chickens pecking the victims bloody, eithway they need to be separarted from the others and eack other. both situations need to be kept clean, then put antibiotic, no pain reliever in it, on the pecked area, if it from a prolaspe you can put honey, sugar or prep H on the clean prolasped tissue and try to push it back in after a few minutes for the prep H to redue the swelling, no egg laying for a while-you wiull have to keep her ina darken area to stop laying

your response was so helpful ..thnako you ... as of now the chickens that awhere having this problem are now so much better ..
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom