Bloody? Chick poo. (Pic included)

Kjm279

Songster
5 Years
Jun 16, 2018
Minneapolis, MN USA
438F26E8-AB76-4D1F-80B8-F21D2C2A5517.jpeg
one of my chicks (approx 2-3 weeks old) poo’d this this morning. What’s going on?

I was just about to post the same thing. My birds are around 5 months old and this morning I found 3 blood poops. Is their any other possibilities or is it most likely coccidiosis?

Attachments

• CBAFA147-AFC5-445E-84C4-E2E947519800.jpeg
    CBAFA147-AFC5-445E-84C4-E2E947519800.jpeg
    923.3 KB · Views: 8
Yes, most likely coccidiosis. Corid is available at most feed stores, tractor supply, etc. I can be liquid or powder form, either is OK. Usually in the livestock/cattle section. Treatment chart is below, use the severe outbreak dosing, and start treatment as soon as possible, it can progress quickly, some strains are more severe than others. Treated water needs to be the only water available. If any of them are really sick you can give them a direct dose to get it in them quickly, dosing for that is here, if necessary the drench is given in addition to the treatment below: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/corid-oral-drench-instructions.1211991/
900x900px-LL-a380cae7_Untitled.jpeg

Thanks for the replies everyone. I will go buy some today and hopefully be able to figure out which girl it is.
Treat the entire flock at the same time.
Make sure this water mixture is the only one available and you may want to buy the liquid Corid and dose each bird straight to the beak with a drop today of undiluted Corid too.

Having Coccidiosis can tear up their insides which can cause a lot of problems if it is not treated stat.

Sorry last question. Is it safe for all birds? I have ducks in the same free range area and they tend to share water.
Crud I just noticed you are in Canada.
I'm not sure if Corid is as available up there.
Amprolium is what you are looking for.
AMPROL

You may want to call your local feed stores to see if they carry this type of product.
It is usually sold for goats and or cows.

Back
Top Bottom