Bloody chicken poo

LavyOrps

Chirping
May 23, 2021
I noticed a bloody poo today. Really it was all blood. My chickens are probably about 3 months old.
My dad said someone probably ate something weird, but I am concerned about cocci.
If I treat them and they don’t have it, will it have a negative effect on them?

No, a coccidiostat will not hurt them. Since you are seeing a super bloody poo, I would strongly recommend you do just that, even if you can't get a fecal exam done. Time is of the essence, coccidiosis can take them down really quickly.

No, a coccidiostat will not hurt them. Since you are seeing a super bloody poo, I would strongly recommend you do just that, even if you can't get a fecal exam done. Time is of the essence, coccidiosis can take them down really quickly.
Do you think I should bring her inside for a couple of days? She just huddles up in a corner in the coop right now.

I noticed a bloody poo today. Really it was all blood. My chickens are probably about 3 months old.
My dad said someone probably ate something weird, but I am concerned about cocci.
If I treat them and they don’t have it, will it have a negative effect on them?
I recommend putting corid in there water to be safe, just in case it is coccidiosis. I would also separate her in case something happens.

Back
Top Bottom