Bloody eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ashleybabii07, Nov 21, 2014.

1. ashleybabii07

ashleybabii07 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2014
    Akron, ohio
    So one of our browns laid four bloody eggs. Maybe a few did im not sure but we have four bloody eggs. We have been averaging about eight eggs a day with our seven hens some very very latge with double yolks all the way down to a ping pong ball size from our browns. Im hoping she didnt get frosted and if she did how will i know and what can i fo in a natural way. I dont want to chemical up my hens so we can sell as organic. We have a heat lamp in the coop that is in one of out vents and we have left our poop shoot open and our other vents are open. We also have a heat lamp under the coop for the other chickens and ducks with only one side boarded up to prevent the wind from getting at them. Im expecting our egg production to decrease but its been steady since they started laying. At 11am it is only 10 f outside so i am concerned they could be getting hurt. Any help is greatly appreciated. [​IMG]

2. lazy gardener

lazy gardener True BYC Addict

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    Blood outside the egg, or inside the egg? New layer?

3. ashleybabii07

ashleybabii07 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2014
    Akron, ohio
    On the shell. We occasionly get one that has blood in it but this is the first with blood on the outside. They have been laying for about five months.

4. lazy gardener

lazy gardener True BYC Addict

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    Sometimes a capillary will get broken as the egg passes. Not a concern.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by