Bloody hot water system grrrrr!!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by kezabel, Sep 10, 2009.

1. kezabel

kezabel Chillin' With My Peeps

Our hot water system broke again grrrr it was only replaced 3 years ago I'm really annoyed I need a shower lol but seriously does anyone know how long hot water systems are under warranty for. I can't find the receipt but I bought it through our electricity company (Energy Australia) so they should have a record of it shouldn't they?

2. kezabel

anyone???

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Quote:That's rough kezabel.
    Are you referring to a hot water heater? I've heard that they should be replaced about every 10 years. If your water is hard or acidic it may not last that long, but 3 years seems way too short of a time.
    Good luck

Imp

4. kezabel

yeah is the hot water heater. I'm not paying $1400 again grrr i'm so frustrated

5. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:If you want a hot shower you will. I think I would go with a different brand though. What does $1400 aus convert too, that seems awful high.

6. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Quote:OMG $1400. What's the exchange rate? Here they are $100 to $300, and even dumb me could hook one up.
    I'd raise a little cain with the elec co. you bought it from. Even if it's not under any warranty I would think they owe you a steep discount if you need to buy a new one.
    Have a repair person check on it. I've heard the elements are pretty cheaply made.

Imp- And of course I'm sure you checked that it is turned on, pilot light lit. All that good stuff. [​IMG]

7. kezabel

its a 310 litre water heater and I think it would be about $1200 american
    I guess i' paying off a hot water heater again, i'm sure its still under warrenty 3 years is just way to short a period for a hot water system. Its a rheem glass hot water system and it says on the web site that it is has a five year warrenty, but the electricity compamy says thats just for the tank not the heating element grrrr. i'm so [email protected]#@#@ off right now. Do you think i should ring the Rheem company that makes them?

8. kezabel

Quote:OMG $1400. What's the exchange rate? Here they are $100 to $300, and even dumb me could hook one up.
    I'd raise a little cain with the elec co. you bought it from. Even if it's not under any warranty I would think they owe you a steep discount if you need to buy a new one.
    Have a repair person check on it. I've heard the elements are pretty cheaply made.

Imp- And of course I'm sure you checked that it is turned on, pilot light lit. All that good stuff. [​IMG]

yeah i had the energy australia bloke out yesterday arvo to see if it was the off peak thing or the fuse but its neither grrr and yes lol I checked it was turned on lol

9. kezabel

really!!! only that much. i'm moving to america everything is so expensive here

10. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Yes. It should have lasted much longer, unless there are "extenuating circumstances". Be ready for that lame argument.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by