Bloody mucus poop baby chick

Dosage for Powdered Corid is 1 1/2tsp per gallon of water given for 5-7 days.
If you are mixing a quart at a time that would be 0.375 or 3/8 teaspoon per quart of water.
I like to change water for chicks several times a day, so just mix up a whole gallon. Make fresh daily.
I'm sorry I agreed with the 1/8 teaspoon, per quart. :oops:That's what I had been told to dose mine at. Looking over older posts, I see way more recommendations for 3/8 teaspoon per quart. Im glad mine were okay with the lower dose this spring. Whew.

That seems to be a big difference in the amount of powder corid to mix up. The instructions break down to 1/8th per qt, but 3/8 seems to be the consensus here. Hate that it’s so unclear. Maybe in between will be better...UGH.

That seems to be a big difference in the amount of powder corid to mix up. The instructions break down to 1/8th per qt, but 3/8 seems to be the consensus here. Hate that it’s so unclear. Maybe in between will be better...UGH.

🤷‍♀️ Do your own research then and decide what dose you thing is correct.
I don't know where you are getting instructions if you have a link that may help, I don't know.
I try to be as correct about information and instructions as I can be.
If all else fails - make an appointment with your vet and have them give you instructions.
Here's a breakdown in the math and dosing if you are interested:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/updated-corid-and-amprol-amprolium-dosing.818879/

It would take an extremely high amount of Corid to overdose them. I would continue with the 3/8 teaspoon dosage and not think of going down. I have had 2 batches of chicks with Cocci and used the same dosage as you are using. In both cases it fixed the issue and those chicks are as healthy as the ones that have never been treated. Some of the local stores selling chicks don’t do a very good job of cleaning their brooder between shipments coming in and they could already have it by the time someone takes them home.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom