Bloody neck!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by MEchickenfarmer33, Jan 26, 2012.

1. MEchickenfarmer33

MEchickenfarmer33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2011
    Maine
    ok so heres my situation. I have a speckled sussex that is by far the smallest of my 19 bird flock. One day I noticed that she had been brutally attacked by her neck. So i seperated her and applied ointment and healing stuff. she was seperated for about a week and then just recently I put her back in. only one day passed and she got attacked again. she is currently seperated from the flock. She doesnt seem to want to fight back if they peck her. I dont know who the culprit is but we have 18 hens and a rooster. She is not acting different or anything if anything she is more lively than any other of my birds. What should I do. Please help because I have no idea what to do. Any responses are appreciated. [​IMG]

2. chicklover16

chicklover16 queen of flirts

Jun 3, 2011
    Em's Dungeon
    put her back in, watch carefully and see who is attacking her, then cull the bully.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  3. MEchickenfarmer33

MEchickenfarmer33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2011
    Maine
    i dont want to cull any because once one bully is gone another one will take over. Trust me Ive done it before and it happens every time

4. chicklover16

chicklover16 queen of flirts

Jun 3, 2011
    Em's Dungeon
    hmm... seems like your in a predicament, have you thought about permanently seperating the bullied hen from the others?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by