bloody poop? need medicated feed???

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by smcdermott, Dec 16, 2014.

1. smcdermott

smcdermott Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2014
    Central Fl
    Hi guys,

Is this a little bit of blood in my fluffy babies poop? Looks like it to me.
    And the farm store said I didn't need medicated starter feel with only 2 chicks. BUT, everything I read says I do. ???

These are my first 2 chicks and they came from a less than desirable place and I know they weren't inoculated.

PIC BELOW

2. smcdermott

smcdermott Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2014
    Central Fl
    [​IMG]

3. Michael Apple

Michael Apple Overrun With Chickens

Mar 6, 2008
    Northern California
    Get yourself some Corid (Amprolium) as soon as you can. It is sold in a 9.6% liquid or a 20% powder. Most feed stores carry it.

Dosage for 9.6% liquid is 2 tsp/10 ml per gallon of water for treatment.
    Dosage for 20% powder is 1.5 tsp per gallon of water for treatment.

Treat for 7 days, making a fresh drinking solution each morning. After the 7th day use a poultry vitamin-probiotic like Sav-A-Chik or something similar for 2-3 days.

It is a good idea to use a water soluble poultry vitamin in water 2-3 days a week and poultry probiotic 1 day a week through the growth stage. Once a month, use Corid as a preventative at half the dose I mentioned above until pullets are 7-9 months of age. You'll be glad you did to assist them with immunity.. Never mix vitamins and Amprolium together in water.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
    1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by