Bloody Poop

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Sancharosa, May 2, 2011.

1. Sancharosa

Sancharosa Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2011
    I have a 3 day old Serama chick that just passed what looked to be blood and only blood. Unfortunately I cleaned out the brooder before I thought to take a picture, I also have quarantined the chick until I could gets some info from you guys. Any help is much appreciated thanks in advance.

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Last edited: May 2, 2011
  3. Sancharosa

Apr 7, 2011
    Thanks I had no idea there was a poop chart , Ill go take a look.

4. Sancharosa

Apr 7, 2011
    Hmmm it actually looks like the Coccidiosis pic. Ok look like I have something else to look up.

5. chickengrl

chickengrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Treat with Corid 9.5 cc per gallon of water. Treat all your birds for 5 days (double check the number of days) Make sure it's the only water available. Do this ASAP. They are very sick by the time you see blood. You can also use Sulmet, but that is your second choice by far. It is very hard on their systems. Good luck! [​IMG]

6. Sancharosa

Apr 7, 2011
    Ok so it happened again and this time I snapped a pic. How could this happen to a 3 day old chick, I guess it doesn't matter how old they are. I will get the 5 little guys in my brooder started on meds asap. Thanks so much for the info.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by