BLOODY POOP!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by babychickfarmer, May 25, 2007.

1. babychickfarmer

babychickfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

ONe of my chickens....the older ones because the poop was big had a little red stuff on it like a red mucus almost. It was in too piles. Any suggestions what it could be....Is it Dangerouse or something bad?? PLEASe HELP

2. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    You might want to take a sample of the poop to your vet and have them do an analysis on it. That is the best way to find out what is going on and what you will need to treat it.

3. poppycat

poppycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2007
    Before you totally panic, is there anything they could've eaten that was red? I only ask because I totally freaked before I realized they had eaten rose hips and everything was red for a little while.
    If not, the vet might be a good idea.

4. babychickfarmer

babychickfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Oh yeah they did have some red radicchio......Could that have bin it?? and they eat apples that have red outter skins on them....another possiblity??

5. Arklady

Arklady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    Kansas
    If it doesn't clear up or they seem a little listless or something get some medicated chick starter. That will do the job if caught in time. Also pick up any red stool like that, just in case. If the chick is sick that poo is tainted and will pass the probs on to the next chick.

Hope that helps.

Arklady

Last edited: May 25, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by