Bloody stool?

I let my little chicks out today and came back and on a stone was a bloody stool. It could have been a wild bird's but seeing how my obvious chick's poo was next to it, I'm not too sure.
20210510_161909.jpg

I think I won't treat today, but if I see more tomorrow in their brooder, then I will.
Okay, that's fine. I usually treat the day I see it.

Usually normal intestinal shedding is a orangish color. If there's red in it, then it's most likely Coccidiosis, or worms, but worms are more common in older young birds, & older birds.

Okay, that's fine. I usually treat the day I see it.

Usually normal intestinal shedding is a orangish color. If there's red in it, then it's most likely Coccidiosis, or worms, but worms are more common in older young birds, & older birds.
Yeah, these are only a couple weeks old. Some are older. All the ages are different, but there is no signs of cocci in any of them. No hunching.

Yeah, these are only a couple weeks old. Some are older. All the ages are different, but there is no signs of cocci in any of them. No hunching.
Not all will hunch, or fluff up. I had a severe case of Coccidiosis one year in my chicks, & they acted normal, but had lots of bloody diarrhea, & intestinal shedding. They had to be treated twice after they moved outside, they picked up a different strain then.

Not all will hunch, or fluff up. I had a severe case of Coccidiosis one year in my chicks, & they acted normal, but had lots of bloody diarrhea, & intestinal shedding. They had to be treated twice after they moved outside, they picked up a different strain then.
I will keep a close eye on them. If I see more tonight then I will treat them.

Back
Top Bottom