Bloody stools

mando4mary74

Chirping
Aug 24, 2018
Hey guys...I have 9 week old chicks that just moved out to their coop a week ago. Yesterday I noticed bloody stools and promptly went and got Corid to start treating them in case it's coccidioidosis. Only one was having the bloody stools and I gave them the treated water yesterday. This morning is appears they all have the bloody stools. Is this part of the medicine working or could this be something else. They all seem chipper. They're eating and drinking well. Any advice will be appreciated. Anything else I should be doing at this point??? Thanks!

Hey guys...I have 9 week old chicks that just moved out to their coop a week ago. Yesterday I noticed bloody stools and promptly went and got Corid to start treating them in case it's coccidioidosis. Only one was having the bloody stools and I gave them the treated water yesterday. This morning is appears they all have the bloody stools. Is this part of the medicine working or could this be something else. They all seem chipper. They're eating and drinking well. Any advice will be appreciated. Anything else I should be doing at this point??? Thanks!
Can you post some photos of the poop?
What dosage of Corid are you using?

Attachments

• 1022181005a.jpg
    1022181005a.jpg
    392.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 1022181006.jpg
    1022181006.jpg
    453.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 1022181005a.jpg
    1022181005a.jpg
    392.8 KB · Views: 7
Thank you for the photos.

I would also give them each a direct dose of the undiluted Corid at .10ml per pound of weight for 3 days.

They still need to have the mixed Corid water as their drinking water.

Thank you for the photos.

I would also give them each a direct dose of the undiluted Corid at .10ml per pound of weight for 3 days.

They still need to have the mixed Corid water as their drinking water.
Okay thanks so much. I actually went out this morning and bought a dropper just in case they needed extra....I'll get their weight and treat them all. Is that once a day with the dropper and for how many days?

Once a day for the oral dose, up to three days. It would be very hard to overdose with Corid, so don't worry too much, a little too much won't hurt them. Make sure the medicated water is the only water they have access to. If any are not drinking well you can give them the medicated water the same way throughout the day until they do start drinking well, they've got to take in the water to get the meds. And no vitamin supplements until treatment has finished as that can reduce the effectiveness of the medication.

Once a day for the oral dose, up to three days. It would be very hard to overdose with Corid, so don't worry too much, a little too much won't hurt them. Make sure the medicated water is the only water they have access to. If any are not drinking well you can give them the medicated water the same way throughout the day until they do start drinking well, they've got to take in the water to get the meds. And no vitamin supplements until treatment has finished as that can reduce the effectiveness of the medication.
X2

Back
Top Bottom