Bloomsburg, Pa poultry auction who went & what did you get?

nightshade

Songster
12 Years
Mar 19, 2007
Jonestown Pa , Columbia County
Okay so we went down today and of couse we brought home a car load. Anyways we spent $52 and here is what all we got

1 BLRW roo ( to go with our 2 hens)
3 BLRW chicks
1 dozen hatching eggs (6 BLRW 6 standard turkens)
2 spithezimers Roos ( spelling? the look like hamburgs with tophats lol)
1 red phoniex roo (I am soooo excited about him!)
1 white call duck
1 blue peacock mix

And DH is so mad he didn't go ahead and get any ginnea hens or turkeys which were the two things he went along to get. And I am upset I was unable to get a millie cochin x . I thought it would make beautiful fizzles crossed with my roo. But all in all it was a good day and the son only got me out of one thing lol another duck. Any ways what all did you guys get?

Lucky you! I really want some blrw girls! I had 15 in the 'bator and nothing hatched! I'm green with envy! Best of luck with your new birds!
smile.png

We decided not to go, I got 8 chicks yesterday, son had farm work all day and we are taking a trip to the zoo in a couple weeks and decided we couldnt spare the cash.

I was so upset. I went there today at noon and everyone was grabbing their chickens and going home. I did see the first place turkey. He was Strutting around so proud.. He was really beautiful. I saw a couple of Japanese bandies (is that how you spell it)? The cocks tails were really nice. There were only about 20 still in the cages so I did see some. I don’t know one chicken from another but I saw one all feathered up, feathers on its legs. Is that a silkie? I want some of those. I didn't know chickens got so big. LOL I need more 28 is not enought.
lau.gif
ya.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

I went to auction saturday it was nice but expected more babies. I didn't buy anything but did win 2 prizes on the silent auction so i made out ok. Hope there are more shows close. Congrats Bj on your new ones. Deb

Nightshade,
I was there. The only thing I would have liked to buy and am not allowed was the Malay pair. They went for over $100 for the cock bird and over $50 for the hen.
Those guineas were exceptional quality and color for the Lavenders. It's a shame they are so noisy but I didn't need them.
Wanted to buy a pair of geese but didn't bring along a big enough pen for the return trip.
The prices were cheaper than at Roots.
I am so fussy with what I buy so there was not much that caught my attention. The Spitzhaubens cock birds were really nice looking. The Brabanter cock bird was better than average. The ducks were really nice. Even some real nice pigeons. There were also some nice peafowl there.
Good luck everybody maybe at Endless Mountain show you can get something you need on the 17th. HS

Quote:
I wish I knew you were interested in geese. I had someone who wanted to give me eggs to hatch but didn't know what to do with them. Sorry.
sad.png

Ginbart,
Thanks for the interest in the geese, but it was just a whym and I have considered not to get them at this time but maybe next year. Would like call ducks but so would the hawks from Hawk Mountain so that is why I have large mostly black chickens they seem to leave the full grown birds alone so far. HS

Back
Top Bottom