Bloted ingury?

chickenlover707

In the Brooder
Oct 14, 2016
3 of my chickens were attacked by a dog we took them to the vet and they had to put one down and two we had to give them medication from it's been a month and they acted alright our rooster thunder he's a slikie and he healed right away but our red sex link hen acted okay 2 wounds healed but the other 2 are bloted is that normal or something?

I'm very sorry to hear that all this happened. What exactly do you mean by bloted? Do you mean swollen? Can you post some pictures?

THATS the pic

That is definitely still a unhealed wound. I would guess by the swelling and color of it that it has infection inside still. I would take the bird back to your vet as they need to clean the wound and possibly prescribed more medication

That is definitely still a unhealed wound. I would guess by the swelling and color of it that it has infection
inside still. I would take the bird back to your vet as they need to clean the wound and possibly prescribed more medication

I really can't take it to the vet as last time we where charged 800 dollars when we did all the treatment for the chickens is there anyway I could do it at home?

If it was me I would remove the scabs and clean the wounds. There may be solid plugs of infection inside. She will need to be separated from the other so others won't pick at the wounds. I would buy oxytetracycline water soluble and mix it in her water. It is an antibiotic and will help to finish clearing the infection from the wounds. It can be purchased at TSC and most local feed stores. Once you get it let me know which brand and strength and I can give you proper dosages.

Back
Top Bottom