Blowing out eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by sunnydee, Dec 14, 2008.

1. sunnydee

sunnydee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    Maine
    I have read on several posts that many of you blow out eggs. Just curious...what do you do with the shell afterwards?

2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I put a hole in the top and bottom, and then blow out the eggs. Then I rinse them out and blow one more time. Then I microwave for 2 min so the egg dries. Then I take some clear fishing line, make a loop, and hot glue it inside of the egg. Then I take a paintbrush and put glue on the outside of the egg, and coat it with glitter. let it dry, and you have glitter egg ornaments.

3. mirecipes

mirecipes Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2008
  4. CK Chickadilly

CK Chickadilly Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    West Michigan
    Hey those sound like fun ideas, I am going to have to try some.
    Thanks! [​IMG]

5. sunnydee

sunnydee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    Maine
    Very neat ideas! Now I wish we would of done something with our first egg! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. ole-crone

ole-crone Chillin' With My Peeps

You can buy a great little 'egg blower' online. Or make your own with a big syringe from the feed store - big needle.

7. mirecipes

mirecipes Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2008
    Yep, when using the big syringe..
    You only need one hole..
    Use the syringe to push air into the egg while the hole is pointed downwards and it will push the insides out..

Don't use hot water to clean the syringe afterwards untill you have all the egg off of it..
    The hot water kinda cooks it and makes it stick more [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by