1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

blown egg collecting

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Brianm97, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Brianm97

Brianm97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    Connecticut
    i know its strange but i love blown eggs i only have a few but i love them. i have an osttrich emu and our pullets first eggs. i would love to someday find someone with quail, rhea, goose, duck, and swan as well. that will take lots of time and money. the zoo i got the eggs from charged 40 a pop for blown out nothing in them even! but its a fun thing i love to do and cant wait to get more. i really want a button quail egg so i can have a huge ostrich and a tiny quail egg.

2. loverOFchickens

loverOFchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    Oh, me too. It's also fun to do the ukranain egg dyeing and then blow them. Do you blow your own?

3. peewee

peewee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Orlando, Florida
    I love blown eggs too!!! I have hundreds of eggs from my quail, chickens,pheasants and turkeys! I would love to get an ostrich or emu egg as well. Sooner or later I will figure out what to do with them.

[​IMG]

4. Brianm97

Aug 17, 2009
    Connecticut
    very cool! and yes i do. i dont know what the egg dying thing is but it sounds cool.

5. Brianm97

Aug 17, 2009
    Connecticut
    ill get a pic up in like 3 min

6. itsy

itsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    New England
    Very neat Peewee!! Do you hope to add any chocolate egger/easter egger/olive egger eggs to your collection?

7. Brianm97

Aug 17, 2009
    Connecticut
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i know it isnt much but i like them. thoes eggs are the first and last my birds layed before getting killed
    eta
    i would love quail i want a few buttons but i dont think my mother would say yes. i would absolutely love to incubate eggs and grow them. that would be amazing to have thoes little critters in my bedroom in a custom tank of some sort. i just dont know what i would need or what i would do. i also dont have an incubator but would love to hatch some and get a pair or 2 if it was possible. i need to do some research and get some help from you guys and some good ideas on how loud they can get and how big of an inclosure / how much the crud smells.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  8. peewee

peewee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Orlando, Florida
    Quote:Thank you! I would love to add those to the collection. I actually had some birds that would lay blue and green eggs but I had a coon/ feral dog problem that killed all of them before they could lay.
    Since then I have been mainly putting all of my efforts into my long tail chicken collection like Yokohamas.

RIRbarredrock, Beautiful eggies! Hopefuly I will be able to get an ostrich and emu egg for the collection but if I ever do get any of those eggs I would be hard put not to incubate them. [​IMG]

9. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Hi Peewee! [​IMG]

10. itsy

itsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    New England

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by