Blown eggs as Christmas tree ornaments

I have seen some of the eggs people have painted on here and they are just beautiful, but no I'm not that talented to paint the eggs. Post pictures would love to see them

I'd like to see pictures of your eggs too! My friend @sunflour did something similar to what you are describing using her chicken's first eggs. Wish I would have thought of that with my girl's first eggs, they make a wonderful, personal ornament.

Wow those are really well done eggs :)

I'd like to see pictures of your eggs too! My friend @sunflour did something similar to what you are describing using her chicken's first eggs. Wish I would have thought of that with my girl's first eggs, they make a wonderful, personal ornament.
Thanks NFC for the mention, mine are quite simple, just decoupaged to preserve the natural look:

@whirlwind2357 I found the directions using a needled syringe to remove the egg ( not to waste it ) , then inject soapy water to clean the inside, then inject water to rinse that out, leave a few days with the hole down to drain the water out. Very easy, but BE CAREFUL, I stuck my finger with the needle on the third egg and quit - had first egg from all 6 gals and so sorry I didn't preserve them all. But I like this technique because you have only one hole on the egg to cover up.

That's a nice technique @sunflour , I like the idea you only end up with 1 hole in the egg.

Wow those are really well done eggs :)

Thanks NFC for the mention, mine are quite simple, just decoupaged to preserve the natural look:

@whirlwind2357 I found the directions using a needled syringe to remove the egg ( not to waste it ) , then inject soapy water to clean the inside, then inject water to rinse that out, leave a few days with the hole down to drain the water out. Very easy, but BE CAREFUL, I stuck my finger with the needle on the third egg and quit - had first egg from all 6 gals and so sorry I didn't preserve them all. But I like this technique because you have only one hole on the egg to cover up.

What a great idea! I'm going to have to see how to do this. My girls are just now 19weeks, so no one has started to lay yet, but it would be really neat to have the first egg saved from each one.
And...of course I love the idea of making more for ornaments, right down my alley.

What a great idea! I'm going to have to see how to do this. My girls are just now 19weeks, so no one has started to lay yet, but it would be really neat to have the first egg saved from each one.
And...of course I love the idea of making more for ornaments, right down my alley.
The hardest part was finding covers for the holes - I tried looking at fittings in craft store jewelry making supplies, but all were too small. These were from ancient ornaments from my mom's attic and had a lot of them saved after bulbs were broken.

Emptied out my duck eggs today, for ornaments!! I ended up using a metal flavor injector syringe from the grocery store.
I haven't had a lot of time lately for crafts, so, really excited!!! We'll see how it goes...wonder how much paint I'm gonna spill!!!!!

be sure to post the results!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom