1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

BLRW and Araucana - Roosters?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by CayceV, Jun 4, 2008.

1. CayceV

CayceV Out Of The Brooder

Jan 16, 2008
    British Columbia
    What do you think - roosters?? The Blue Laced Red Wyandottes I ordered were straight run, but the Araucana's are all supposedly hen's... Not too sure about this one though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. peruvian_princess

peruvian_princess Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    Fayetteville, Georgia
    The EE in the first pik looks like a roo to me by the large red comb and the legs are really thick.

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

They're both roos.

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

You dont have any Araucanas, but you do have a handsome Easter Egger rooster and a BLRW rooster.

5. CayceV

Jan 16, 2008
    British Columbia
    It was bought from a hatchery as an Araucana.

Thanks; kinda figured they were both roo's [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  6. Ace_king_brahma

Ace_king_brahma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Castroville, Texas
    Quote:Hatcheries falsely sell them under the title araucanas. True Araus are tufted and rumpless.

7. Chickndaddy

Chickndaddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2007
    East Texas
    Definitely boys...

8. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Yeah, that darn Easter Egger/Ameraucana/Araucana debacle! [​IMG] It's an Easter Egger... but he is GORGEOUS!!!!! I just adore his colors! What did he look like as a chick????

9. CayceV

Jan 16, 2008
    British Columbia
    The Araucana/EE thing, whatever, is beside the point and I don't really want to argue about it.

I just simply wanted to know if the bird was a roo or a hen, although I did guess it's a roo. [​IMG] Oh well. He looked like your typical Araucana/EE chick - yellowish with the stripes on the back. Very cute [​IMG]

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

The Araucana/EE thing, whatever, is beside the point and I don't really want to argue about it.

Well, I certainly didnt mean to offend you by telling you what breed of rooster you had. Most people like to know. My apologies.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by