BLRW characteristics? Hen, roo? LOST!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by mysweetgypsy, Aug 7, 2011.

1. mysweetgypsy

mysweetgypsy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    I didn't see any BLRW threads in the first few pages so I'm looking for some expert advise. I have 6 chicks, straight run, who are now 6 weeks old. Purebred, farm raised, (not by me), but I am at a total loss as to what sex they are!? 4 look similar in shape, and comb size and color. Do all roos have waddles? Do hens get them? 3 are VERY aggressive, (stew), the 2 I think are hens seem very mild. I can't get pictures for a day or two, so any info on specific physical traits would be great. Or if you have some that you know are hens or roos, and are close in age, post a pic [​IMG] I really don't know what I'm looking at with these babies! Thanks!!!!

2. Blue

Blue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2010
    Virginia
  3. mysweetgypsy

mysweetgypsy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    Thanks! That was very helpful, but sadly I'm still not sure [​IMG] I know I have a nice assortment, severl purchased as day old "pullets". NOT! I have great color patterns, so that's good to know [​IMG] Now if I could just change them from roos to hens [​IMG] I'll get pics in a day or two and post on that thread. Thanks for the link!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by