1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

BLRW chick pics! updated pics added!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Kristina, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Kristina

Kristina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2007
    South Louisiana
    OKso I can finally post pics about the babies! They were born on Friday and they are huge! I can't wait till they grow up...and here they are!

Blue Laced Red Wyandotte 11/23/07
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here they are 12/09/07 at approximately 2 1/2 weeks old

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2007
  2. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    Very cute. [​IMG]

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I just hatched my first BLRW a couple of weeks ago. They are such cute chicks. Mine have been very friendly so far. Hope they stay that way.

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Aw, I can't wait to hatch some sweet little ones from Carri's Hotwing and his ladies! They are precious and plump.

5. Kristina

Apr 30, 2007
    South Louisiana
    You know...sometimes I get frustrated with hatches and what not but when I have some great babies like this it all makes it seem worthwhile I guess I'm just a sucker for chicks!

6. SisterFlash

SisterFlash Chillin' With My Peeps

WOW!!

Love the little bits of blue in the chicks. The top chick you can see it around his/her eyes and little mustache.

I do love the more full figured hens and I have been looking at these BLRW since I saw pics on the feathersite. Beautiful

I hope you will share pics with us ever few weeks so we can see how the color is coming in and changing.

Where are you all getting your chicks from?

BLRW and the dark marans (BC) well and Barnies are the whole reason I want to hatch eggs. Seams like the ones from the hatcheries are not quality color in the BLRW or in the dark egg layers.

Barb [​IMG]

7. Kristina

Apr 30, 2007
    South Louisiana
    OK here is an updated pic off the babies! They are getting big fast! Barb I had bought the eggs for these guys from eggbid...And they hatched out as large babies and they are very healthy!

8. lyndatu

lyndatu Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2007
    Awww......theyr'e so cute I could almost eat them up! [​IMG]

Healthy chicks! [​IMG]

9. CountryFresh

CountryFresh Out Of The Brooder

Dec 12, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Aww how cute....

10. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    Awww...I can't wait for my two eggs to hatch. I put in a couple the girls had laid along with my Silkie eggs. I didnt' think they would be fertile, but their swimming around!

Who did you get your eggs from, Kristina?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by