BLRW Eggs getting set today at 9pm (Hatch along)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ncgrad00, Jul 9, 2011.

1. ncgrad00

ncgrad00 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 21, 2010
    Salem
    I bought eggs from Danny39. They are being set in my Sportsmans 1502 and am looking for some people to hatch along with me. I dont know the total amount of eggs that are going to be set but it should be around 48. Join in and have some fun.

2. matlock585

matlock585 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    White Bluff, TN
    I'm in... I just set 12 golden lakenvelders last night before I went to bed. I took 8 cochin banties out of the incubator yesterday and set these right behind. this will be my third hatch this year, so after these I think I'm done till next spring. ( I hope ) I got my eggs shipped in from Gabbard Farms off ebay.

3. ncgrad00

ncgrad00 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 21, 2010
    Salem
    I got mine from Danny39. He has great birds. He brought 2 roosters for me to look at and they were great.

Matlock585 what kind of incubator are you using?

4. MuckyPuppy

MuckyPuppy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    UK
    I put in 24 eggs on the 7th but I'm not very good at remembering to update with information. [​IMG] So maybe I'll just do a read along. [​IMG]

5. matlock585

matlock585 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    White Bluff, TN
    Quote:I'm using a home made. It's a stryrofoam beer cooler. I've got the light bulb and water heater thermostat with computer fan setup that is so common. So far my record is 12 hatched and living out of 19 set. I've already had to toss one of these 12 I just set because it smelled rotten.... YUCK! [​IMG]

My bator can incubate a dozen nice and comfortably, but more than that would be pushing it. Here's a pic or two.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These eggs are the golden lakenvelders that I'm currently incubating. I hated tossing the smelly one, but I'm not strong enough to deal with an exploder! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    If the bad power outages we've been having hasn't KILLEd all my eggs then I should have Seramas due this week.

~ Aspen

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by