BLRW Hen

Discussion in 'Online Poultry Show' started by LuvMyBLR, Jun 20, 2011.

1. LuvMyBLR

LuvMyBLR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2010
    New Boston, NH
    I posted on here..... quite a long time ago when she was still a pullet. Now she has filled out and all her lacing is in. I think she's the prettiest blrw hen in the world [​IMG] But I'm no biased or anything [​IMG] Her name is "Delilah" and I'm hatching more BLRW! I can't WAIT! Pray that my dad can get a cheap office somewhere so he doesn't have to work at home and I can keep any roos I get! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 6chicks&aduck

6chicks&aduck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2009
    S E North Dakota
    looks like your gold lace wyandotte has no lacing , where did you get her , she is still a beautiful chicken !!!!

3. Zaxby's2

Zaxby's2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    a place
    6chicks&aduck :

looks like your gold lace wyandotte has no lacing , where did you get her , she is still a beautiful chicken !!!!

It appears to have lacing in the front, but not BLRW. I agree that she's beautiful though! [​IMG]

4. rainierlass

rainierlass Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2010
    Eatonville,WA
    I agree with the other posters........she really does not look purebred

to me - there looks to be some GLW in there - she IS pretty tho![​IMG]

5. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Shes blue laced red. She looks to be a hatchery bird so many time their lacing isnt as neat as a show quality bird. The lacing in her chest can be clearly seen and her tail feathers and fluff are blue and not black. So, shes definitely BLR. And her lacing may become nicer as she matures! BLR and SLW are my 2 favorite colors of wyandottes!

6. LuvMyBLR

Mar 4, 2010
    New Boston, NH
    Thank you so much Key West! I was looking at this on my phone while I was out and I was getting really antsy about the accusations of GLW, although I did noticed all of you could not deny her beauty [​IMG]. She is PURE BLRW from breeders who only did that breed! When I found her she was one of the only ones left (and very young), probably due to her not great lacing at the time, but I fell in love with her [​IMG] and she's growing to be an amazing Wyandotte IMHO. She's still only about a year old and I've heard blrw take a while to mature anyway. As key west stated, you can clearly see the blue in her tail and fluff. And when you lift her feathers, underneath is the most amazing blue I've ever seen! I'll post some closer pics some time [​IMG]. I'll admit, her neck is red, but it GLOWS gold in the sun. Like in those pics. So that's how I think you guys thought gl?
    We actually do have GLW and SLW too [​IMG] With some AMAZING lacing and they are hatchery birds! May I recommend Mcmurray for anyone wanting brilliant slw and glw? I'll put up pics of those tomorrow maybe!

7. chi-rn

chi-rn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    I only see the hen... I admit I don't "do breeds". I think she's beautiful! Thank you for sharing![​IMG]

8. LuvMyBLR

Mar 4, 2010
    New Boston, NH
    Quote:Why thank you! [​IMG]

9. LuvMyBLR

Mar 4, 2010
    New Boston, NH
    Here's some other pics of her.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]