BLRW over welsummer

fishin_dad

Songster
Feb 28, 2020
Sumter, South Carolina
Has anyone here ever crossed a BLRW with a welsummer? I am looking for some pics and general info. A friend gave me some eggs for my incubator. Their roo is a beautiful BLRW and they have welsummer, speckled Sussex and blue sapphire hens.

I have not had a cross like this,

starting a thread on the welsummer and or the Wyandotte forums might get an answer

My guess is that the male offspring would look a lot like welsummer roosters with some extra red leakage and maybe partial lacing. The female offspring would be brown with partial lacing and some extra red in the shoulder area. There could definitely be a lot of variation, and they could turn out to look completely different. That’s the fun thing about mutts. Also, 50% of them would have blue and the other 50% would have black.

My guess is that the male offspring would look a lot like welsummer roosters with some extra red leakage and maybe partial lacing. The female offspring would be brown with partial lacing and some extra red in the shoulder area. There could definitely be a lot of variation, and they could turn out to look completely different. That’s the fun thing about mutts. Also, 50% of them would have blue and the other 50% would have black.
I am seeing a lot of red showing up in the shoulder area and also some blue under the tail

20200613_094023.jpg

Back
Top Bottom