BLRW pics

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Livinzoo, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Livinzoo

Livinzoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Statham, GA
    Here are some pics of my BLRW. They still aren't giving me eggs. Although I saw mating. SO I guess that means soon.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What do you guys think!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I think they're awesome!! I like your rooster's comb very much; some rose combs can look weird, but his is nicely balanced.

3. Hooterville

Hooterville Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh my, they are gorgeous! Will you be offering any hatching eggs in the spring? Please let me know!

Becky

4. Livinzoo

Mar 2, 2008
    Statham, GA
    I should have some hatching eggs. Right now I have two dark blue girls and 2 splash girls. I have 11 chicks that are growing fast but out of them I only have 2 pullets [​IMG] That is my luck. Oh well there are also some really nice looking cockerels in that batch.

For the single comb BLRW lovers I have 2 unrelated cockerels. One black and one dark blue and one splash pullet. So I can't wait to see what I can do with them.

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Very nice. I've got one single comb girl too I'd like to do something with.

6. speckledhen

Crystal, maybe in the spring, or when I have a broody, we could arrange something so I can have a couple of those gorgeous ladies![​IMG]

7. Livinzoo

Mar 2, 2008
    Statham, GA
    Of course Cyn. I'll have to separate the BLRW off in the spring. Right now all the young cochins and orphingtons are with them.

8. speckledhen

No rush, but yours are the shade and type I love in the BLRW. I especially adore the darker ones you have, though all are lovely. I dont plan to incubate any eggs till winter is about over anyway. So gorgeous, Crystal!

9. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    They Wyandottes are nice but I want the piggy! [​IMG]

10. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    Livinzoo, you could send them to me and I'll watch 'em until they lay some eggs!!![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by