BLRW ? Pictures added

Katy

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Jun 29, 2007
Kansas~50+ yrs of chickens
Does anyone who has BLRW have any pictures of theirs at about 7 weeks of age. I hatched 6 and I think 4 are roos.
sad.png
Sure seems like their combs are getting pinker and one has definate wattles showing up.

I've added some pictures of some of them.
Pullet?
100_0062.jpg

Roo?
100_0060.jpg

Pullet?
100_0061.jpg

100_0059.jpg

Last edited:
Your guesses seem right, although that third one could go either way. My Wyandottes never seem to have any pink in their combs till about 12 weeks old, but then, mine were SLW, not BLRW, if that makes any difference. They are gorgeous! I love the darker ones. The colors are so crisp, they seem to pop!

Thanks for moving it for me.....don't know what I was thinking....guess I wasn't!
roll.png

I think they're gonna be very pretty birds. They are very tame and inquisitive. I couldn't get decent pictures of all 6 of them. My hatches since last spring have been running lots more roos than pullets. Guess I might just have to get some more eggs!!
smile.png

They are gorgeous! My Hotwing is a dark but both my pullets are light.

That second one is a roo, the first is a pullet and the third... I'm leaning towards roo.

I don't know how old they are here, but here is Hotwing (roo, left) and Nugget (pullet, right).

Chickens090.jpg

And again...
Chickens087.jpg

Close up of a teenaged Hotwing.
Chickens093.jpg

I hope these pictures help! One thing I've noticed is the little hens will have the lacing on their back and back towards their tails whereas the little roos don't.
EDITED to add: See on that last picture? You can see he doesn't have lacing on his back but that little part of her that you can see in the same picture does have the lacing.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom